Top 5 Wedding Moments
Almost every bride says their wedding day was perfect and now I am one of those people. All the planning, spreadsheets + lists paid off because I did not worry about one thing the whole day. I had a great group of people surrounding me, contributing an array of talents, so I could be worry free. I am so grateful!
Here are my top 5 favorite moments of the day:
- The Ceremony. It was different from what I imagined. And by different I mean it was awesome! I thought I would cry, fumble on my words, be nervous in front of such a big group, but none of those things happened. Luke and I were in our own world at the altar. I have no clue what Pastor Randy said or what anyone, but Luke, looked like. I loved our little ceremony bubble. 🙂
- Getting Ready. I have such a great group of women in my life and it was amazing to have them all in the same room, getting ready for ALL of ours big day! I am so grateful for each one of them.
- The Toasts. Going into the wedding, I was a little worried about how the toasts would shake out. I was unsure of what stories my older sister (MOH) would bring up and if my dad would try too hard to be funny. 😉 Well, I should not have wasted a moment of my time worrying because all of the toasts were PERFECT. My dad kicked it off with a sentimental story then Luke’s dad followed with his typical humor. The Best Man and Maid of Honor toasts we heartfelt, funny, genuine, kind and memorable. Cheers to the toast makers!
- Table Talk. We did not schedule your typical receiving line, but we still wanted to make sure we thanked all of our guests for coming. After Luke and I ate dinner, we traveled around to each table and chatted for a few minutes. It was so nice to see each face and be able to have a short conversation.
- The Dance. I may have saved the best for last. 😉 The only time we ever left the dance floor was to get another beer. Our DJ was incredible. He played all the right songs and everyone was on the dance floor all night. Butts were shaking and beers were dropping. Signs of a successful dance!