3.25 cups of flour – you can combine whole wheat, bread flour or all purpose – DO NOT use coconut or almond that soak up a lot of water
1.5 cups of warm water
.75 teaspoon yeast
.75 teaspoon sea salt
- Simply stir. Add all four ingredients together in a medium size bowl + stir until mixed.
- Rest & Rise. Cover the bowl with a towel + leave it on the counter top to rise for about eight hours. I usually make the mixture before bed + leave it overnight.
- Fridge. Transfer the risen dough into a container + place in the fridge for a day or so. Make sure the put a couple holes in the top of your container to let the dough breathe. The dough will be good in the fridge for up to a week.
- Warm. Take your dough out of the fridge + with a little flour, shape your dough into a ball on a piece of parchment paper. Let it rise on the counter for roughly four hours.
- Bake. When you are ready to bake your bread, heat the oven to 450 degrees + place an empty dutch oven (with cover on) in there for 25 minutes. While your dutch oven is heating up, use a sharp blade to score the dough about .25 inch deep across the top. Place dough with parchment paper into the hot dutch oven + cover. Bake for 25 minutes. After 25 minutes, take the cover off + bake another 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Enjoy! Let bread cool for about 10 minutes + then enjoy with your topping of choice! My favorite is butter and grape jelly! 🙂