80% of buyers check out your website before becoming a customer
60% of buyers check out your social media before becoming a customer
Social media is an important part of marketing your business successfully. Are you a business owner who does not have time to focus your social media? Is your to-do list getting out of hand? Or is there not enough money in the budget to hire a full-time marketer? If you answered yes, then here are five simple tips to help your social media presence.
- Think about why you are on social media. Is it to sell a product or service? Promote your community service? Recruit new employees? Increase brand awareness and loyalty? All of the above? Connect your goal to your social media strategy + start with a plan. Social media can be a powerful tool, if used correctly.
- Define your target market. This will determine which social media platform is best. Examples:
- Teenagers: Snapchat + YouTube
- Moms: Pinterest + Blogs
- Businesses (varies by industry): LinkedIn + Facebook + Instagram + Twitter
- Create relevant content. Content. Content. Content.
- Be helpful. Create content that answers your buyers questions.
- Be visual. Photos + vidoes have a higher interaction rate on most social platforms.
- Be authentic. Add your personality or brand to social posts. Social media is a way for your buyers to get to know you + your company. Before you post, ask yourself why does this matter? Is this post serving anyone other than myself? This will help you create your voice + key differentators.
- Repurpose. You don’t have to do it all yourself. Repost or share other’s content. Reuse + recycle your old stuff.
- Get organized. Use a social media management platform, such as Hootsuite, to coordinate all of your accounts + post.
- Monitor your progress. What is working? What isn’t? Change your strategy + then measure again.
Are you overwhelmed? Let’s discuss how I can help. Click here to start a conversation.