80% of buyers check out your website before becoming a customer
60% of buyers check out your social media before becoming a customer
Social media is an important part of marketing your business successfully. Are you a business owner who does not have time to focus your social media? Is your to-do list getting out of hand? Or is there not enough money in the budget to hire a full-time marketer? If you answered yes, then here are five simple tips to help your social media presence.
1. Think about why you are on social media. Is it to sell a product or service? Promote your community service? Recruit new employees? Increase brand awareness and loyalty? All of the above? Connect your goal to your social media strategy + start with a plan. Social media can be a powerful tool, if used correctly.
2. Define your target market. This will determine which social media platform is best. Examples:
- Teenagers: Snapchat + YouTube
- Moms: Pinterest + Blogs
- Businesses (varies by industry): LinkedIn + Twitter
3. Create relevant content. Content. Content. Content.
- Be helpful. Create content that answers your buyers questions.
- Be visual. Photos + videos have a higher interaction rate on most social platforms.
- Be authentic. Add your personality or brand to social posts. Social media is a way for your buyers to get to know you + your company. Before you post, ask yourself why does this matter? Is this post serving anyone other than myself? This will help you create your voice + key differentiators.
- Repurpose. You don’t have to do it all yourself. Repost or share other’s content. Reuse + recycle your old stuff.
4. Get organized. Use a social media management platform, such as Hootsuite or HubSpot to coordinate all of your accounts + post.
5. Monitor your progress. What is working? What isn’t? Change your strategy + then measure again.
Are you overwhelmed? Let’s discuss how I can help. Click here to schedule a discovery call.